Why choose this course?
Certificate IV is suitable for Certificate III graduates who want to gain some more skills and knowledge and get an extra edge in the fitness industry. It is also aimed at personal trainers wanting to upgrade their qualifications from the old VICFIT structured course to the new nationally recognised qualifications.
- Advanced Resistance Training (similar to what is taught in the Level 2 Strength and Conditioning course)
- Postural Screening and Assessment
- Management and Marketing issues
- Exercise for Older Adults and Children
- Knowledge on Exercise for Special Populations (includes common medical conditions and medications you may face and the implications they have for your exercise prescription)
- Advanced Anatomy, Exercise Physiology and Nutrition
Units within Certificate III are entry requirements for this course. Certificate IV expands students’ skills and knowledge through a combination of theory and practical-based learning. Class sizes are kept small, to ensure all students receive individual attention. After completing this course, graduates will be qualified personal trainers, and can go on to work in a variety of gyms or wellbeing, health & fitness centres, as well as starting their own personal training business.
This course is run over 12 days over 12 weeks, with approximately 120 contact hours, this is inclusive of approximately 20 hour workplacement. Students have six months after the final lecture date to complete all assessments. This course is a combination of theory and practical-based learning. The emphasis is always on how the theory components of the course apply to real life situations.
To gain the qualification you must complete and pass all practical (work placement is encouraged at a gym or fitness facility, to be completed in your own time), theory, written and verbal assessments set throughout the course. Contact us for more information. For more information about each Unit of Competency and assessments please have a look at our Student Unit Guide
This course is also approved for Centrelink
Youth Allowance, Austudy, ABstudy and the Pensioner Education Supplement. If you think you may be eligible for any of these allowances, visit your local Centrelink.
Personal Trainer Pro
The Personal Trainer Pro Certificate IV is an advanced course stream that gives you additional support during your studies. The Personal Trainer Pro Certificate IV is subsidised, meaning this stream may be as much as $200 cheaper than the standard Certificate III.
The Personal Trainer Pro course includes:
- Career Coaching and Support – recruitment experts help you apply for jobs and find the perfect job for you.
- Access to Job Search – Begin Fitness gives you access to a health and fitness employment database for up-to-date opportunities in your area.
- One-On-One Mentoring – We match you up with a qualified personal trainer to support and coach you.
- Personal Trainer Guidance – Star Begin Fitness graduates help you follow in their footsteps.
- An iPad so you can study when you want to, where you want to.